China is a mysterious land. We have collected and mentioned some facts about china below.
- China belongs to continent ASIA.
- Main land China is Known as the People’s Republic of China.
- Beijing is the capital of main land China.
- China is the third largest country by area 3,747,879 sq miles.
- One third of land area is made of mountains.
- China has maximum number of neighbors touching its border sharing 22,000 km land border. 14 to be precise. Afghanistan, North Korea, Russia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Pakistan, India,
Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam.
- Mt Everest, the tallest summit in the world marks the border Nepal and China.
- China has thousands of rivers .It also has fourth and sixth longest Rivers in the planet. The Yangtze river(4th- 3600 miles) and Yellow River (6th – 2900 miles).
- China only has only one official Time Zone even though it is almost the size of USA which has four Time Zone.
- China has the largest population in the planet 1.381 billion as of 2017.
- China has different languages such as Mandarin, Yue, Wu, Minbei, Minnan, Xiang, Gan and Hakka (Not noodles XD).
- More People speak Mandarin as their first language than any other language in the world, roughly about 1 billion.
- Temperature China’s Turpan Depression can range from 49 degree C in summer to -29 degree in Winter.
- China is home to 20 of top 30 most polluted cities in the world as china is worlds largest producer of CO2.
- China is worlds largest producer and user of coal.
- It has also become world largest user Solar energy as well.
- 90% of china’s urban ground water is not usable, contaminated.
- China is now investing over $100 billion / year in the renewable and clear energy sector.
- China is one of worlds most mega diverse country, out of 17.
- Giant Panda lives in mountains of central china.
- Its on the engendered species list , Sadly only 1,800 remains in the wild.
- China is home to approximately 6,347 species of vertebrates, including 581 animal, 1,244 bird, 376 reptile, 284 amphibian, and 3,862 fish species.
- China has more than 30,000 higher plants, ranking third in the world after Brazil and Columbia.
- Currency name is Yuan or Renminbi.
- China is the second largest economy in the world.
- GDP growth is second largest in the world only behind India.
- China is the largest exporter of Goods and also second largest importer of goods as well.
- China is the second largest trading nation in the world and it is also India’s largest trading partner.
- It has a labor force of over 800 m+.
- China has the worlds largest communist army with 2.3 m as of 2017.
- China has the worlds third largest Air force with more than 400,000 personal and 2000+ Air crafts.
- Chinese navy is the second largest in the world in terms of tonnage, it has 490+ ships, 700 + air crafts and over 255,000 personals.
- China has roughly about 300 to 400 nuclear weapons.
- China’s DF-5 ICBM can hit any where world.
- China posses missiles which can shoot down satellites.
- China is home to one of oldest civilization.
- China’s ancient FORBIDDEN CITY palace contains 9000 rooms.
- Great wall of China is the largest man made structure in the planet, stretching from Dandong in the east to Lop Lake in the west an incredible 8,500 km.
- Terracotta Army , a set of 8000 clay soldiers were built to an emperors tomb. It took 37 years to build this clay army.
- Gunpowder was accidentally invented by the chemists who were trying to find Elixir of Immortality.
- Ancient china invented Silk, Paper, Compass, Printing, Porcelin, umbrella, Boat rudder etc
- Paper money was fist invented and used by 7th century Chinese Tang dynasty.
- Chinese army used to use Kytes for signalling purposes.
- China invented Noodles. They have eating Noodles at least for 4000 years.
- Ice cream was invented around 200 BCE in china.
- Toilet paper was invented in China.
- Eye glasses were also invented by the Chinese.
- Worlds first seismometer was invented by Chinese.
- In ancient China soldiers used to wear paper made armors.
- There is actually two China in the world. one is communist People’s Republic of China (PRC) and another one is called Republic of China (ROC) also known as TIWAN, the democracy part.
- Chinese New year celebration blast lasts for 15 days.
- Every Chinese New year is represented by one of 12 animals(i.e Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, Pig)
- China’s Bailong Elevator carries visitors more than 300 m up a cliff’s edge.
- In China you can buy Green bean flavored ice pops.
- A 7th century emperor named Tang of Shang had 94 ice men who used to make him Ice-cream.
- Sticky rice was amongst many material has been used to build The great wall of China.
- Hong Kong has more sky scrapper than any city in the planet.
- Many Chinese Emperors used to call themselves as decedents of DRAGONS, a mythical flying creature.
- The word Ketchup may have come from Chinese pickled fish sauce.
* Please be advised the list is result of continuous research both on and off line and this list will be continuously updated on a monthly basis which means some facts may change.
Image Credit: PIXABAY